Tuesday 9 December 2008

Navigating and Processing

Now that a few days in the unit have passed, processing the information is becoming a bit easier - the language is becoming clearer. Each meeting has yielded a whole new set of considerations and possible avenues for further exploration.

I do not want to use this blog to to simply relay large amounts of scientific text - I will point to places where this information can be found - what I hope to do is attempt to interpret the information. I will be posting scientific imagery gathered using different types of microscopy (confocal and electron) and images from reinterpretation of virus structure at varying levels.

Below is a list of the scientists, researchers and PhD students that I have met in the unit so far, I will continue to add to this as my time there progresses. I have grouped them by the virus they are currently studying, or the field of research.

Hepatitis C Virus (HCV):

John McLauchlan
Arvind Patel

Herpes Simplex Virus (HSV):

Valerie Preston
Nigel Stow
Maureen O'Hara
Walt Adamson
Duncan McGeoch
Frazer Rixon
Roger Everett

Human Cytomegalovirus
(HCMV):

Derrick Dargan
Chris Preston

Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV):

Gaie Brown
Vanessa Cowton
Jim Aitken

Virus Structure:

David Bhella
Colin Loney
Rebecca Pink
Worawit Suphamungmee

Computational analysis:

Derek Gatherer